b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Subject in Jer 31,2 ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Stephen Shead <sshead.email AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, ps2866 AT bingo-ev.de
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Subject in Jer 31,2 ?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:56:58 -0400

Dear Peter,

I find your analysis convincing. I looked at a number of translations in
English and Spanish, and the majority agree with you. The Andersen-Forbes
Phrase Marker Analysis also agrees with you: it has Israel as the subject
of the predicating infinitive HLWK.

Best regards,

Stephen Shead
Centro de Estudios Pastorales,