b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew Transliteration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Spinti <jspinti AT eisenbrauns.com>
  • To: Barry H. <nebarry AT VERIZON.NET>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew Transliteration
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:21:12 -0400

Barry,

Are you using Windows or a Mac? If a Mac, it is a matter of choosing U.S.
Extended for your character set. You can get the various symbols then by
using the option/alt key. For example, the get a shin, you press the option-v
key, then s to get this: š You can get a theta by option-h and then t: ṯ I
don't always remember them so the keyboard viewer is helpful :)

I don't use Windows enough to remember any of the commands there, but it used
to be a matter of using the Alt key plus a key code on the numeric keypad.

HTH,
James
James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division