b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/b-hebrew/2000-February/006948.html

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: Collin Sadler <cpsadler1 AT msn.com>, "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/b-hebrew/2000-February/006948.html
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 04:59:28 +0000

Colin,

A few things. Firstly, could you please amend the subject line to be more
germane to your subject.

Secondly, I have no idea what relevance the firing line of a pre-LS GM
8-cylinder engine has to do with Daniel, or any kind of biblical literature.
I think it's best to stick to the literature.

Thirdly, you're raising issues of historicity which are, strictly speaking,
not related to the issue of Biblical Hebrew and are therefore beyond the
purview of B-Hebrew. I won't go into the details that make your suggestion
virtually impossible, but please make sure you keep discussion related to the
language and talk about the literature only insofar as it relates to the
language.

On that basis, I'm going to suspend discussion of this topic. No more on this
thread, please.

GEORGE ATHAS
Co-Moderator, B-Hebrew
Sydney, Australia