b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] mishnaic Hebrew + Deborah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] mishnaic Hebrew + Deborah
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 05:26:59 -0800

George:

How were the Ugaritic writings dated? I was told that it was by finding
connections with the Ramasid pharaohs and the Sea Peoples. Others have
found archaeological data that dates the Ramasid pharaohs and Sea Peoples
as late. I find that evidence as stronger than the Manetho derived dating
which is clearly wrong. What evidence do you have that Ugarit is older?

Karl W. Randolph.