b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] fred on 2 tenses at the same sentence

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] fred on 2 tenses at the same sentence
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:51:00 -0600

Hello Karl:

Your recent message discounted tense and aspect as the reasons prompting
yiqtol and qatal.

You indicated however, that your opinion of the reason for the two forms,
remains preliminary. So, while we know what the verb forms exclude, we know
not for sure what the forms include.

regards,

fred burlingame