b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] language level

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] language level
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 23:55:42 -0600

Hello Isaac:

I appreciate your comments.

Do you look at all of the descendants of lamed; and then all of the
descendants of chet? And then make informed decision about what the two
letters, chet and lamed, mean in isolation?

While perhaps not complex, that seems a fairly large and time consuming
exercise. Each letter enjoys 21 possible combinations with one other letter?
And the permutations grow a lot more for three letter combinations? (not to
mention usages from there).

regards,

fred burlingame