b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kevin Riley <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:24:29 +1100

Fred

Maybe some of us think that the 'real thing' can come in a number of various forms, all saying essentially the same thing. If the text is 'real' enough for all practical purposes, then investing so much time in searching for what will probably never be found, and what will, for practical purposes, be no more useful than what we have, seems to be close to a waste of time. Perhaps understanding what we have is of more importance to some of us than searching for what may never be found.

But, at least we are getting closer to understanding why you are asking the questions you ask. That isn't a bad thing :)

Kevin Riley