b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kevin Riley <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:06:15 +1100

Then, in light of your first 4 answers, why does 5 matter? If you look at most ancient texts, there is usually no definitive copy unless only one survives (which is unfortunately too often the case). People who collect folklore and folk songs would be ecstatic if they found sources that differ as little as the various texts of the Bible do.

Kevin Riley