b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:21:15 -0600

well ...

1. if the masoretic text ("MT") and the septuagint remain unrelated; like
*gone
with the wind*; and tolstoy's *war and peace; *then there is no "what."

2. but .... if MT and septuagint = two translations and/or renderings of the
same book *war and peace*, then at least one errs and fails. that is the
"what."

regards,

fred burlingame