b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:39:50 -0500

Hello Karl:

You could be correct concerning the second point you make.

I offer however, the following observation. This forum operates under
certain conditions that render your comment moot. Please note the following
rules originate not with me; but rather with the forum sponsors.

1. This forum identifies its factual universe as the language of
the masoretic text ("MT").

2. This forum renders irrelevant the objective truth or falsity of the story
told by the MT.

My posts hence, neither assert or refute the objective truth of the story
told by the MT.

But in this forum, for better or worse, and according to its own internal
operating conditions, the moabite language becomes relevant not to
discussion here.

Perhaps I could have framed my earlier comment better or differently, as
follows (and to conform to forum rules of procedure and substance): "The
language of the MT appears created and used for the sole purpose of
revealing a deity. The creation and usage of the unique word יהוה more than
6,000 times in particular, in the MT, supports that conclusion."

Regards

fred burlingame