b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Exam Guffs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Exam Guffs
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 00:19:04 +1000

Hi all!

For those of you not on Facebook, I thought I’d post this on the list. I’m
marking a Hebrew exam at the moment. One particular question in this exam
asked students to give the Hebrew for ‘Let there be light’. The answer, of
course, is יְהִי אוֹר. But one particular student gave the answer יְהִי עוֹר
, which means ‘Let there be leather’.

And lo, I saw that it was very good.

If you have your own Hebrew exam guffs to offer, feel free.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au