b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Kadesh-barnea

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Kadesh-barnea
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:30:51 -0700

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Calling some one a "nobody" is out of bounds (since I also officiate high
school
basketball that would be a "technical foul for unportsmanlike conduct).

I do think that Karl is trying to say that quoting some one who is an
authority
does not cut it with him. To him it is what does the text say regardless of
what
one's views are on the historicty of the text (if previous posts are any
indication of this thoughts on the matter). At the same time, we all should
remember Heinrich Schliemann who believed that the City of Troy was an
historical city, even if, and I do mean if, the rest of the story surrounding
the destruction of Troy (Iliad) is surely questionable.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III