b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Seir Sinai

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Seir Sinai
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 05:47:59 +0200

Dear James,

This, together with several other poetic passages (such as Judges 5:4),
envision YHWH as "coming" from the mountains of the south. Since this is
poetry and not a geography lesson, the writers used different terms for that
general direction.
What the origin of the idea of YHWH's southern origin is, is a different
matter.

Yigal Levin