b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Shatnez: Wool and Linen, or Animal Fiber and Plant Fiber?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: aaa AT endlyss.com, "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org >> Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Shatnez: Wool and Linen, or Animal Fiber and Plant Fiber?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:36:45 -0500

What about just the clause "wool and linen"? Without looking into the word shatnez itself, and the phrase "wool and linen" be interpreted as the definition or example or ambiguous? Does the grammar support it to be one over the other (or even more than the other)?

B"H
John

"He who makes a mistake is still our friend; he who adds to or shortens a melody is still our friend; but he who violates a rhythm unawares can no longer be our friend."
-Ishaq Ibn Ibrahim 767-850 CE.

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"The difference between the intelligent man and the simpleton is not the correctness of their decisions, but rather the cunning sinner can more skillfully defend and justify his iniquity."
- Rabbi Tovia Singer

Richard wrote:
Everything I can find so far the word simply means "mixed stuff".

Richard Conaway