b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] adonai "my Lord" or "the Lord"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] adonai "my Lord" or "the Lord"
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 13:25:45 +0200

Hi Karl,

agreed. This is also a possibility. Just to make things clear that massive
contradiction in terms is that Jesus would be a teacher with such a take on
things and then refuse to use the name. Of course, as you have noted whether
the authographs contained the name or not is another issue entirely.

But then again if the NT autographs were written by first generation
Christians who tried their best to emulate Jesus example then that also
raises issues.

James Christian