b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] IMMER familly in NEHEMIE 7 40

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: vincent AT otxplc.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] IMMER familly in NEHEMIE 7 40
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 12:43:29 +0000

Yes, it is not very clear source.
Thanks for your opinion.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yitzhak Sapir [mailto:yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2009 06:41 AM
To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Vincent Immer wrote:> An explanation of the
origin of the text can be found> here, at the bottom of the page. It is
said:> "> The archeologists Sir Henry Austen Layard and> Hormuzd Rassam
discovered the Ashurbanipal> Library intact in Nineveh and crated the 50,000>
tablets to the British Museum in London. They are> the pride of the British
Museum, together with the> oldest Ancient Aramaic New Testament which> dates
back to the 4th Century AD. "The Ashurbanipal library has nothing to do
withthe Aramaic translation or original of the Bible.The British Museum
apparently has a 4thcentury manuscript of the Peshitta for thePentateuch. I'm
not sure if that's what theytalk about there. I wouldn't put too muchfaith in
that website.Yitzhak