b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Eastern Galilee

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Eastern Galilee
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:07:21 -0700

Jim:

When will you stop your baseless historical speculation and deal with the
Hebrew language itself?

We have already gone over the fact that the Egyptian histories are based on
the propaganda of a late Egyptian priest, not on original documents. As
such, it contains so many errors that it is untrustworthy. For you blithely
to continue pushing them as Gospel truth is insulting to the intelligence of
members of this list.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:12 AM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> But what is Gennesaret? Is that the Greek version of “Chinnereth”? In
> Greek, Gennesaret means “a garden of riches”.

Not in any Greek source that I have seen. If anything, it is a
transliteration of a Hebrew or Aramaic name.

> So the controversy begins. When times got tough in southern Canaan,
> wouldn’t
> it make sense for Abraham and Isaac to head north to “the Paradise of
> Galilee”
> ? Isn’t that more logical than heading south into the heart of the
> inhospitable Negev Desert?

Doesn’t the way you frame this question show that you are rank speculating?
Especially since you contradict what ancient records say about the sites?

> Jim Stinehart
> Evanston, Illinois
>
> Karl W. Randolph.
San Francisco