b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] WELSH AND HEBREW

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul E. Baronowsky" <paulb2 AT insightbb.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] WELSH AND HEBREW
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:10:00 -0500

K Randolph wrote:
Interesting, but what does it prove?

< cut >

In the same manner as I read some German slang in an Asterix comic
book “Tohu wabohu”?

FWIW: This German expression is not limited solely to comic books. I have seen it a few times, for instance, in news articles at Spiegel Online. True, news magazines often use colorful language; but, I'm not sure I would call it "slang". (This is not meant to be a quibble!)

Best Wishes,
Paul Baronowsky
Evansville, IN (USA)