b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] $XR = black?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] $XR = black?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:40:58 +0800

Dear B-Hebrew Friends:

I have been out of touch for over a week, and am a few thousand miles away
from my concordance, but I can’t remember off the top of my head any time
that $XR specifically refers to “black”. It refers to darkness, such as just
before dawn, which is said to ascend like a blanket from the land when the
light appears, but I can’t remember any time that it refers to “black”.

As a verb, it refers to looking for in sense of really searching.

This is why we need to correct Jim Stinehart, as he takes silence as assent,
and he is emboldened to add error upon error.