b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:24-27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: TedBro AT aol.com
  • To: torythrp AT yahoo.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:24-27
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 08:48:15 EST

Hi, All:

For some reason I did not received the first posting of this thread. Could
someone either repost or send it directly to me?

Accordingly I did not grasp the thesis. What is being proposed regarding the
redating of Daniel? Is the proposal Christological, e.g. applying a day for
a year and interpreting the 70 weeks (=490 years) as beginning in 455 BCE
and
ending in the first century CE? Or is a Persian era interpretation being
offered?

I'm not sure of exactly what is being said about the two lunar eclipses, but
if this reading of the text is certain, then it is very good evidence to peg
the dates for Artaxerxes. One caution is to actually double check directly
with astronomers as to the actual occurrence of such a dual eclipse. I have
seen some very poor scholarship when one antiquarian relies on the
statements
of another, but fails to get a real astrophysicist to weigh in.

Peace,
Ted Brownsteiin

In a message dated 12/21/2008 3:28:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,