b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Micah 4:8 and 5:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Micah 4:8 and 5:1
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:55:49 +0000

Could Micah 5:1 say "...from you (Bethlehem-Ephrata) to Me, he will go forth
to be ruler, and his caused to go forth ones (feminine) are from the past,
from days of old?"

Maybe instead of "his origins" or "his goings forth" it says "his caused to
go forth ones (hophal present tense feminine).

In Micah 4:8, it says that the daughter of Zion and a kingdom will come to
Migdal Eder, which I think is near Bethlehem, so maybe they are the two
feminine ones caused to go forth from Bethlehem in Micah 5:1.

This is a wild guess, but I was wondering if it is at least grammatically
possible.

Kenneth Greifer