b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] incorrect letter in text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yaakov Stein" <yaakov_s AT rad.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] incorrect letter in text
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:06:51 +0300

> Isaiah 61:1 has QWX, is it from the same root?

No, the QWX there is a suffix, although in unusual fashion with a makaf,
not a separate word.

The word is PQXQWX which is a strengthened form of PQX = "opening their
eyes"
just like PTLTWL is a strengthened form of PTL = "crooked".

Regarding NQX, QXH or QXX, I don't know of such roots
(and I don't believe the last one works with the conjugation in
question).

Yaakov (J) Stein