b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Euphemistic curse

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: "Mike Tisdell" <mike AT netronix.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Euphemistic curse
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 22:25:03 -0400

Look at www.hebrewetymology.com

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On May 15, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Mike Tisdell wrote:
[cut]
This is an interesting proposition, but something I have a much harder time
accepting; changing one of the root letters is very significant in Hebrew and
root letter changes that don't reflect a known pattern (such as the Lamed
Hey/Yod roots) would require a lot of evidential support before I would see that
as a valid explanation. Do you know of any references that deal with this
proposition more completely?

Thanks,

Mike Tisdell

San Jose, CA