b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Euphemistic curse

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mike Tisdell" <mike AT netronix.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Euphemistic curse
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:13:32 -0700

I have found the following references, and I am wondering if anyone has any
information regarding these references (or this topic)

"Did Job's Wife Really Use a Euphemism against Heaven?" in Leshonenu: A
Journal
for the Study of the Hebrew Language and Cognate Subjects 52 1987-88.

"Ancient Orient and Old Testament" by K. A. Kitchen (out of print, but I have
used copy on order)

"DTN 33,11 A Curse in the 'Blessing of Moses'?" by D. L Christensen 1989

Are there any other publications worth considering?

Is anyone aware of anything published that takes into consideration the LXX
i.e.
the LXX treats the references of BRK euphemistically when it conveys the
accuser's conversation with God, but translates the thought when relating Job
and Job's wife's account.