b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:42:42 -0700

Pere:
First I read the context, these are the concluding verses of a section
referring to old age and death, in a poetic form.

Now your questions:

1) a) the article is not necessary b) look at the context of the preceding
sections, an article is not used either for XBL and GLT

2) The verb is Y$B, not $WB, it means to settle down, so the (L fits the
context of settling down upon the earth. The verb is a weqatal, not
wayyiqtol, fitting the context of the next section with its yiqtol.

I hope these answer your questions.

Karl W. Randolph.