b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Wellhausen

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brian Roberts" <formoria AT carolina.rr.com>
  • To: "'Christopher Kimball'" <transcriber AT tanach.us>, "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Wellhausen
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:01:11 -0500

Chris;

Being able to find "out-of-character" segments in Isaiah begins with the
presumption that we know enough from the text itself to determine what is
"in character" for an Isaiah.

That's a big assumption based on one text. One could be forgiven for
wondering if it's being asked to bear more than it can.

Best,

R. Brian Roberts

Amateur Researcher in Biblical Archaeology