b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew fonts again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew fonts again
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:22:44 +0100

Two font questions (perennial issue, it seems):

Somebody (Jason Hare, I think?) mentioned recently that Times New Roman and
Arial occur in updated versions with Windows Vista. Am I right that the
trouble with holam on vocalized Hebrew still persists??

When using excellent fonts like Ezra SIL or SBL Hebrew in a regular Word
document written in Times New Roman, inserted Hebrew passages cause lines to
move further apart. What would be the sensible thing to do about that? Would
setting line spacing to a specific number of points, rather than just
"single", cause unwanted side effects?

kol tuv
Soren