b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses - Deut 6:4

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: 'b-hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses - Deut 6:4
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:42:53 -0800

OK - ignore part of this question - it really was too obvious and I have
been under the weather and slightly blinded with cold

The ta suffix is exactly what I should have seen as expected

But the perfect translated into English future which might be misread as
commandment - this is a theological translation - right?

Has anyone written on the theology of tense? It seems to me that the
perfect is a proleptic promise.

Bob

Bob MacDonald
Victoria BC