b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 21:13:15 +0000

On 9/30/06, K Randolph wrote:

In looking at the photograph that Yitzhak Sapir unearthed (he's really
good at finding information on the web) I have to disagree with you.
Looking both at the enhanced line, and at the recognizable yods and
waws on the rest of the scrap, that is clearly a waw, not a yod. Other
waws have that little hat that you mention.

Thank you for the credit, but it belongs to Peter Kirk, if I remember
correctly. Anyway, it wasn't me. I wrote a long post about problems in
the claims in the surrounding text to that picture.

Yitzhak Sapir