b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:22:06 -0500

schmuel wrote:

So if this is the case, that daqar is a word used for a type of sword or spear
thrusting-through (implications of mortal or ultra-serious wound through the belly) it would appear to be a very poor fit for any verbal reading of Psalm 22.
Your thoughts ?

(Yes, I realize that there are other words also given for pierced alternatives, however daqar is in a sense the primary discussion and significant).

HH: The word DAQAR is irrelevant to the textual issue in Psalm 22:17. I don't know whether you are agreeing with this fact.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard