b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22:16 - daqar as pierced ?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:11:48 -0700

Moshe:

In looking at the photograph that Yitzhak Sapir unearthed (he's really
good at finding information on the web) I have to disagree with you.
Looking both at the enhanced line, and at the recognizable yods and
waws on the rest of the scrap, that is clearly a waw, not a yod. Other
waws have that little hat that you mention.

I was surprised how much the image can be magnified without pixellating.

Karl W. Randolph.