b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:06:13 +0200

It is also important to note, that the question of the order of the different books only became important when Bibles were first produced in codices, rather than as individual scrolls. As far as I know, this happened no earlier than the second or third century CE, by which Christians and Jews had certainly developed divergent views on the authority and meaning of different books.

Yigal Levin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>