b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua Blau

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John Cook" <jacook AT eisenbrauns.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua Blau
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:33:34 -0400

Dear Charles,

Eisenbrauns is shortly coming out with a grammar of Hebrew by Joshua Blau in
the Linguistic Studies in Ancient West Semitic series, unders the editorship
of M. O'Connor. It is a translation/revision/updating of a Modern Hebrew
version that Blau has been developing and using for years. I have only seen a
portion of the manuscript, but my understanding is that he makes reference
fairly frequently to comparative data, especially Arabic. Thus, this book
will be easily available and reasonably priced.

Best,
John A. Cook
Editor, Eisenbrauns Inc.
Publisher * Bookseller * Prepress