b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 21:10, 13 blessing?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>, "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 21:10, 13 blessing?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:13:27 -0800

Dear Karl,

I do think that that is a possibility. Naboth did not want to sell his
ancestral
homeland regardless of who wanted it, even Ahab. Thus, Jezebel took matters
into
her own hands, since she was an Israelite, and acted like the gentile ruler
she
was taught to be, even if she was married to Ahab. The city elders, fearing
for
their lives (and rightfully so) obeyed the letter from Ahab. They produced the
"Sons of Belial" to produced just such evidence, that Naboth had given honor
God (and King?). Whatever was said by the "Sons of Belial," it worked.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III