b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] David's sons were priests?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <tladatsi AT charter.net>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] David's sons were priests?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:39:37 -0800

Peter,

I am not sure I agree with you. It is true that in the house of Micah that
there were carved and molten images but it also had an ephod and teraphim.
The ephod is strongly assoicated with the worship of Yahweh. Many Biblical
characters used teraphim without any negative association against them (David
escapes from Saul's wrath by placing a teraph in his bed to look like David
is sleeping). The temple in Jerusalem had carved images of the seraphim.
Certainly molten images are banned but it seems clear that Micah is
worshiping Yahweh, in however an unorthodox fashion.

--
Jack Tladatsi