b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Basic Lexicon Question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kenneth Litwak" <klitwak AT apu.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Basic Lexicon Question
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:19:44 -0700

I'm looking at the Hebrew verb Heyt-Beth-Shin. In my lexicon the basic
form to look up shows no vowel points. Generally, I thought that this meant,
in both BDB and KB, that the verb did not occur in the Qal stem. Yet this
verb does appear in the Sql stem. So why no vowel points? Thanks.

Ken

  • [b-hebrew] Basic Lexicon Question, Kenneth Litwak, 06/27/2005