b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:16 - a declaration or a question ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:16 - a declaration or a question ?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:55:24 -0500

But Bryon:

That’s just it. I see putting this as a question as changing the
text. In that the pointing is a tradition that is demonstrably
wrong at times, I would rather stick with the consonental text than
to have a wierd reading to preserve the pointing.

BTW, does not Hosea 10:10 also have “eyes” in a simple plural?

Karl W. Randolph.