b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] exodus, dating of linguistics

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Michael Abernathy" <mabernathy AT isot.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] exodus, dating of linguistics
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 01:24:00 -0500

Just for the sake of discussion, I have a question for the group. Assuming
that the Exodus actually occurred as it is described in the Bible and that it
was recorded by someone about the time of Joshua, what linguistic evidence
would we expect to find in the Scriptures?
I should think that the strongest evidence would be in those passages which
have been miscopied by a later scribe due to some change in the language that
obscurred the meaning.
Has anyone detailed the differences in the Hebrew language from a historical
perspective?
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy