b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:38:06 -0700

Then this ain't the place to be. That's all we use here because of the
diversity of mailers that members use. Some can handle Hebrew script, some
can't, so we use ASCII transliteration as the lowest common denominator.
It's not an ideal situation, but the good part is, it allows those occasional
visitors who don't read Hebrew script to participate as well.

And considering the plethora of Hebrew fonts out there, trying to settle on
one particular one for the whole list would be a major headache, and would
exclude those with text-only mail programs.