b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 26:21 hoarse?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Proverbs 26:21 hoarse?
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:55:25 -0500

Thanx Bryan:

I recognized the parallelism, for just as charcoal is fuel for embers, and
wood is fuel for fire, so a judgemental man (or man deserving of judgment) is
fuel for hot arguments (for making arguments hot).

I took a further look at my concordance, and now wonder if the lexical entry
XRR is a legitimate word. It is never used as a chet resh resh in the text,
and if it were not for the vowels, would it be differentiated from XRH? Even
its meaning seams almost identical with XRH. Connecting XRH to this verse
fits as well.

Any thoughts?

Karl W. Randolph.