b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] INVITATION TO TRY NEW FREEWARE VOCAB TESTING PROGRAM.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl R. B. Jones" <karl-jones AT krbj.freeserve.co.uk>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] INVITATION TO TRY NEW FREEWARE VOCAB TESTING PROGRAM.
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:48:07 +0100

INVITATION TO TRY NEW FREEWARE VOCAB TESTING PROGRAM.

I am currently developing a new vocab testing program. It is a general
purpose program suitable for Greek, Hebrew and indeed most other languages
for which you have a suitable font (I have created example vocabsets for the
Ugaritic Alphabet and Middle Egyptian Alphabet - among others).

The program does not have an integral database, the intention is that users
create their own vocabset to reflect their chosen text book. It is my
intention, however, to try to provide a number of prepared vocabsets for
downloading. At the moment there are only two vocabsets, one for Mounce's,
Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar and Wenham's, Elements of New Testament
Greek. I am currently working on a third Greek database and will then try to
do some Hebrew ones.

Thye program is now ready for beta testing and I would like to invite a few
members of this group to give it a try. It is available for download on,
http://www.krbj.freeserve.co.uk/vocabworks/INDEX.htm you can download the
program and create your own vocabsets or download one of the example sets.

The program has the following features.

Multiple document interface,

Select any font for source or target language,

Built in vocab editor,

Easily create and save tests,

Multiple test types, - Printed test, Scrolling test, Standard test, Multiple
choice test, Matching test, Pictorial prompt test

Multiple test modes, - Source to target, Target to source, Mixed

Link to sound files to pronounce source or target words.

Please do give it a try.

If you want to make any comments of suggestions I have set up a discussion
group on Topica.

You can subscribe on: http://www.topics.com/lists/VocabWorks

Thank You!

  • [b-hebrew] INVITATION TO TRY NEW FREEWARE VOCAB TESTING PROGRAM., Karl R. B. Jones, 09/03/2003