b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Did they turn red?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Did they turn red?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 01:42:37 -0500

Dear Yigal:

How late is “later Hebrew”?

The only other use of “nedan” in Tenakh is in 1 Chronicles 21:27, where it
means ‘sheath’ (vagina in Latin).

As for “nedah”, does it not come from the root meaning to eject, expel?

Thus it appears so me that the red faces as per my original posting led to a
change in the meaning of the Hebrew words.

Yours, Karl W. Randolph.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup