b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] QUAIL: END OF THREAD (From Moderators)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: "'George Athas'" <gathas AT hotkey.net.au>, "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] QUAIL: END OF THREAD (From Moderators)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:54:30 +0100

George, I understand the point. It is good that we don't have such
discussions on this list unless they are related to language.

But I think you also need to stop people posting notices of articles which
are controversial and way off topic. This can very easily become a way for
certain people to promote their own viewpoints without others having a right
to reply. Of course we could all upload our responses to personal websites
and flood the list with notices of such responses, but I don't suppose you
want that either.

Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~peterkirk/