b-hebrew - RE: Iron and Bronze.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Iron and Bronze.
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 02:07:48 +0100

Hold on, surely the actual evidence is that the Iron Age in the area in
question started much earlier than the 8th century, perhaps the
12th-13th century or even earlier with the invasion of the Sea Peoples.
So even if we accept Ian H's line of argument it tells us only that
Genesis was written no earlier than the 12th-13th century. This is not a
very strong claim, it doesn't even rule out authorship by a 13th century
Moses.

Peter Kirk

<snip>

> No, but the point is (forgive me for butting in) that the mention of
Iron