b-hebrew - Idomatic Expressions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Burks <rwburks AT flash.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Idomatic Expressions
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:48:06 -0500

All,

I have been interested for a number of years in finding a list of all
the idiomatic expressions used in the Hebrew Scriptures. I have seen
books etc. on Greek idioms but never have found anything specific on
Hebrew idioms. I know that the grammar published by EKS publishers has
a few as part of their vocabulary for each lesson, but have never seen a
complied list for the whole text.

Does any one know of something like this, or that has a list?

Thanks in advance

Bill Burks

  • Idomatic Expressions, Bill Burks, 04/22/2002