b-hebrew - Re: Computerized Torah Library

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Martin A. Shields" <mshields AT mail.usyd.edu.au>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Computerized Torah Library
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:33:19 +1000

>> My Computerized Torah Library CD-ROM (HaSifriyah HaToranit HaMemux$evet),
>> STaM 2) won't work on my computer's Windows XP operating system. Windows
>> Support knows nothing about it.
>> The company that produced it is now defunct, so upgrading is out of the
>> question. Any replacement program costs skyhigh.
>> Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?
>
> One solution is to buy a program called Partition Magic, which comes with
> an adjunct program BootMagic.
> Partition Magic will allow you to set up a partition on which you load
> whichever version of Windows ran your CD originally, and BootMagic will
> allow you to choose which system to boot from.

Along similar lines, but avoiding the need to re-boot your system just to
run this piece of software (which has additional problems should you want to
use this with some other software you have in XP), would be to run VMWare
(http://www.vmware.com/) which allows you to run older versions of Windows
concurrently with XP. They offer educational/academic pricing, but in the
end it will depend on what is "skyhigh"...

Regards,

Martin Shields.