b-hebrew - Re: Computerized Torah Library

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Computerized Torah Library
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:11:19 +0100

At 15:50 21/04/02, Jonathan D. Safren wrote:

My Computerized Torah Library CD-ROM (HaSifriyah HaToranit HaMemux$evet), STaM 2) won't work on my computer's Windows XP operating system. Windows Support knows nothing about it.
The company that produced it is now defunct, so upgrading is out of the question. Any replacement program costs skyhigh.
Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

One solution is to buy a program called Partition Magic, which comes with an adjunct program BootMagic.
Partition Magic will allow you to set up a partition on which you load whichever version of Windows ran your CD originally, and BootMagic will allow you to choose which system to boot from.

AFAIK, v.7 of Partition Magic is still the current one, and will work with Windows XP.
Partition Magic is an excellent program, with a good manual, but if you haven't used it before, take plenty of time to read and digest the manual before actually running the program.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros AT iol.ie