b-hebrew - Re: Is R)$YT even a "time" word?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: mc2499 AT mclink.it, b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Is R)$YT even a "time" word?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 23:11:20 EST

In a message dated 3/29/2002 9:56:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mc2499 AT mclink.it writes:

Peter doesn't seem to me to be interested in the Hebrew
text or its background. He somehow imagines that the world
was created out of nothing and either created as chaos or
returned to chaos.

Come on now. That's not accurate. Peter just has a different view of
scriptures than you. You may not agree with his view, but that doesn't mean
that he's not interested in the Hebrew text or its background. I admit he's
a bit more conservative than I (and maybe even a bit more conservative in
relation to you than to me). Please refrain from such unfounded accusations.
We want a discussion, not a flame war.

GfSomsel