b-hebrew - Re: Request for an apology from C Isbell

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Request for an apology from C Isbell
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:44:01 -0700

> Charles, I strongly object to this personal attack! I am happy to leave
> the subject if that is the consensus of list members - though so far
> only two members have called for a halt and a considerably larger number
> have joined in the discussion. But I cannot accept this kind of baseless
> slander.

[snip]

Whoa, Peter, take a pill! It should be clear from the way Charles'
comments were worded that he was using satire, not stating an
opinion. He is absolutely right that the discussion between you and
Ian has degenerated into "is too/is not" and "I know more than you
do/no, I know more than you do". I for one appreciated the way he
used satirical humor to get his point across, and I think you need to
read what he wrote a little more closely.

In any case, I wholeheartedly agree that the thread in question has
outlived its usefulness.
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
This time, like all times, is a very good one if we but know what to do
with it.
-Emerson