b-hebrew - RE: Request for an apology from C Isbell

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Request for an apology from C Isbell
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:58:44 +0300

Charles, I accept that you did not state this as your own opinion. You
stated that it was what you had been told and had learned, and said
nothing to dissociate yourself from these views. Also some of the things
you mention were never said by Ian of me e.g. that I don't know any
grammar and so I could only take them as your own conclusions. For that
matter there are also things there which I never said of Ian; e.g. I do
not consider him 2000 years behind the times.

Perhaps we can settle this issue if you make a clear statement that
these are not your views either of me or of Ian.

Meanwhile I will not continue the thread you object to unless someone
brings up some significant new evidence or attacks what I have posted.

Peter Kirk

Please